Renee McKenna, Producer
Renee was born and raised in Petaluma. She has been involved with VDay Petaluma for 5 years as a reader, silent auction coordinator and co producer/director. This year she returns as the VDay Petaluma 2012 Producer. She works for Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital as a clinical dietitian and lactation consultant. She has a passion for working with and supporting women and she enjoys bellydancing. “Be the change you want to see in the world.”
Linda Odetto, Director
TVM CAST & CREW:
- Reyna Aguilar - Reyna is a senior at Casa Grande High School who is active in the Gender Equality Now club and the Emma Goldman Knitting Circle, CGHS’s two feminist groups. This year Reyna has taken charge of the Queer and Ally Support Group that supports the LGBTQQIA students and Allies. In the future she hopes to intern for the Trevor Project, a suicide awareness/prevention non-profit organization. Reyna’s passion for theatre and music have led her to apply to New England Conservatory to major in music.
- Michelle Arietta - Michelle moved to Petaluma in 2006 after an immediate attraction to this beautiful area and the community of amazing people. This is Michell’s second year reading in The Vagina Monologues. She quotes Martin Luther King, Jr., “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” “V-Day is a global issue I feel very passionate about, because if we allow it to continue and turn away, we may as well admit it’s okay.” She is equally passionate about people living a full and vibrant life, knowing that what is within us, is a power beyond what most perceive to be true. “Global healing is a must and it begins with each of us doing our own work, and then sharing that light with those around us. ” Michelle is a co-owner and chiropractor at Serendipity A Chiropractic Wellness Center.
- Carole Barlas
- Ronda Bittner-Black - A V-Day cast member in the 2009 and 2010 productions, Ronda returns this V-Season to challenge herself a bit further. And when she’s not on stage, she’s helping out somewhere in the background!
- Caroline Brumleve
- Tillman Bussey – our “Techie”! Tillman has been involved in V-Day Petaluma since 2008, making us look and sound good.
- Erin Crosby-Sullivan
- Sheridan Gold – retired teacher of expelled youth
- Diane Haris – Diane is a 30-year resident of Sonoma County. The past fifteen years she has practiced as a somatic release therapist in Cotati. Women’s groups and women’s issues have been the cornerstone of her adult life. She is looking forward to deepening this committment with involvement in V-Day events.
- Kathleen Haynie - RN, LCSW, BCD, retired Kaiser Permanente; returning for her third V-Day Petaluma performance, Kathleen brings to The Vagina Monologues her enthusiasm and strong compassion formed by personal experience, and her 35 years of professional experience listening to the hearts and minds of women and men. Her long-term commitment to the issues facing women is reflected in her decades of work with domestic violence, battered women, survivors of incest and molestation, and psychological and physical abuse. She has now transitioned from SF City girl to Sonoma Country girl and finds her way of life with horses and the earth deeply sustaining. She is grateful for the opportunity to be part of this year’s production, and part of the larger community of women in this worldwide movement.
- Glynnis Papageorgacopolos - This is Glynnis’ first experience in V-Day Petaluma’s cast. She is Co-owner of Papas Taverna and a catering business, and on the side she is a belly dancer and singer.
- Kathie Rose – Kathie has lived in Petaluma since 1971. She has been an elementary school teacher for the Petaluma City School District for 39 wonderful years and retired in 2010, but still loves to substitute teach in the district. Kathie found the Mentor Me Petaluma program instrumental in the emotional success of the children she taught throughout the years. She is enjoying traveling, biking, hiking, camping, going to the gym and gardening in her retirement. This is her first year as a reader for The Vagina Monologues and she’s excited about the good it will be bringing in her own community, Petaluma, and throughout the world. “Now is the time for women to break the barriers of self-limitation. You can be far more than you ever dreamed possible.” Louise L. Hay
- Leslie Scatchard – Clear Heart Gallery
- Elaine Silver – Elaine is a writer, journalist, healer, actor, artist, mother, daughter, sister, wife, and a lover of trees. Elaine feels very lucky to be a witness to and a catalyst for our collective nudge into the next phase of consciousness. Elaine-Silver.com
- Kenyetta Todd – TheBodyWorksClub.com
- Isabelle Wilson – Certified Ballroom Instructor