You will Rise. Who’ll be dancing with you? As of late November 2012, 177 of the 196 countries in the world have signed up for the ONE BILLION RISING movement, as well as numerous individuals and groups throughout the world, including …
- The Dalai Lama
- Activists in 177 countries have signed on to take action.
- Over 13,000 diverse organizations around the globe are involved, including Guided To Safety, Amnesty International USA, International Rescue Committee, NOW, Human Rights Campaign, and major unions including the AFL-CIO.
- Actors and V-Day board members Jane Fonda, Rosario Dawson, Donna Karan, Thandie Newton, Charlize Theron, Kerry Washington along with Yoko Ono, Jessica Alba, Connie Britton, Kate Clinton, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Lawrence, Dylan McDermott, Robert Redford, Lily Tomlin, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Zoe Kravitz supporting the mission by recording PSAs and activating their networks.
- Governments and politicians around the globe including the First Lady of Nepal, the Mayor of Lima, the Los Angeles City Council, British MP Stella Creasy, and many others are joining the campaign.
- Writers and thinkers including Alice Walker, Adam Hochschild, Naomi Klein, Dr. Denis Mukwege, and Christiane Northrup are raising their voices for ONE BILLION RISING.
You will engage. You have chosen to walk out for a day, or for even 20 minutes, and join the dance. Once you sign up (OneBillionRising.org) you will be connected to us all.
Thank you for joining with V-Day.org, V-Day Petaluma, and a growing list of global participants in RISING to say “NO MORE” to the violence.
Dance is the fastest most direct root to the truth. ~ Gabriela Roth